Do you have the ambition, talent and drive to move the world forward with renewable energy solutions? Then apply for this fantastic role at Ventolines!
Ventolines has a clear mission: we strive for a world where renewable energy is valuable for everyone. Whether this regards energy cooperatives, neighborhood associations, investors, farmers, energy suppliers, governments or final consumers. In our world, renewable energy moves everyone forward.
To achieve this, we develop, build and manage renewable energy projects. With a clear view of the interests and wishes of all stakeholders. We design a clear route to the desired end result. And guide our clients along the way. We feel ownership and responsibility for every phase of a project. We offer solutions to the challenges that come our way. Achieving a successful result together, that is what we are all about. This is how renewable energy moves everyone forward.
Floating Solar at Ventolines
Floating solar is gaining momentum, both in the Netherlands and internationally. More and more lakes (Cat. 1-3) are utilized for the generation of renewable energy via floating solar panels. At offshore locations (Cat. 4) floating solar developments are gaining momentum as well.
Ventolines has a clear strategy for the floating solar market in the Netherlands. Ventolines is a pioneer on different categories of water and currently develops projects on the rougher inland waters, such as the Zeeland rivers and the IJsselmeer (Cat. 2 + and Cat. 3). Through partnerships we are developing knowledge on ecology and on the technical requirements for floating systems to be suitable for these types of waters. Furthermore, we are guiding clients in the realization of offshore solar farms in combination with offshore wind.
Floating Solar is one of four business lines at Ventolines and it is the responsibility of the Business Lead to significantly increase our knowledge and market position for this type of projects in the coming years. We currently have several specific floating solar projects under development.
As the Business Lead, you will be the centre of expertise on Floating Solar and as such responsible for initiating and marketing new (integral) propositions that exceed departmental boundaries.
The Business Lead:
- provides input for and oversees the development of the appropriate knowledge required within the Business line.
- develops and maintains a customer network and develops a healthy pipeline of prospective clients and projects.
- attends and actively participates (as a speaker or moderator) in symposia and attends, organizes and/or leads specialist events such as courses and webinars.
- is responsible for the acquisition budget and provides input for the Floating Solar knowledge development within the wider Ventolines organization.
- collaborates intensively with the Heads of Departments and the project managers who carry responsibility for the project execution within the Business Lines.
- initiates business-related investments and is responsible for realisation of the business case.
- has a monthly reporting responsibility of the portfolio of business propositions to the Executive MT
- is an active member and part of the Business MT.
- Reports to the General Manager
Your personal qualities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- You have great networking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good planning and structuring skills
- Strong customer focus
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Good verbal and writing skills in English and in Dutch are required
Education and experience
- You have a passion for renewable energy applications and the energy transition
- You have extensive experience (10+) in the development of complex energy projects
- You have the ability to effectively collaborate with the various specialist internal and external experts (technical, financial, procedural, marketing communication) involved in renewable energy projects
We offer a wonderful opportunity to use your knowledge and qualities to make an important contribution to the development and success of Ventolines. With us, you will also find plenty of room and attention for personal growth and development. Ventolines also offers opportunities for flexible working hours and a good balance between working at home and at the office.
- Competitive salary, depending on your relevant experience
- Good fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme, a bonus scheme and a profit-sharing scheme
- 25 holidays with the option to buy more
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Possibility to order home office equipment
- Drinks, trips and other social activities organised by our party committee
The office of Ventolines B.V. (Netherlands) is located in the WTC-building in Almere, right next to Almere Central Station.
More information and apply
We would be delighted to add your expertise, knowledge, and experience to our team. Are you looking to make a significant impact on exceptional, socially relevant projects? Do you want to play an active role in accelerating the energy transition? Contact Frans Rijnja (Corporate Recruitment Officer a.i.) at 06-22452281 for more information or apply directly. An assessment will be part of the process. Please note that we do not appreciate acquisition in response to this vacancy.